Ceramic Foundry Sand
Refratory Engineers (REI) offers a unique Foundry Sand by the name of SuperSand. SuperSand is a ceramic sand. SuperSand is a spherically shaped bauxite sand manufactured by melting bauxite in an Electric Arc Furnace followed by a proprietary spraying process. SuperSand beaded foundry sand provides a unique combination of spherical shape grain, chemistry, and physical properties that result in numerous performance advantages compared with Silica Sand, Chromite Sand, Zircon Sand, and Cerabeads.
- SAFE - to environment compared with silica (silicosis) and zircon sand
- SuperSand offers longer work life and reduction of sand usage.
- SuperSand’s spherical shape compared with angular shaped grains allows for easier separation from cast parts and improved collapsibility resulting in lower scrap and casting efficiency.
- Lower Thermal expansion and Thermal Conductivity. Casting dimensions are more accurate and lower conductivity provides better mold performance.
- Requires 40-50% less resin
- Can be used as a single sand
- Offers lower true specific gravity and specific surface area
- Improved durability compared with silica and chromite
Learn More About SuperSand (articles from Our Blog)
Contact REI for more information on SuperSand along with technical advice and assistance in your refractory product selections and refractory service needs.